Vietnam is a new destination and you are planning to go there? There are some important guidance you should take into consideration to fulfill a great trip to Vietnam.
1. Entry requirement:
To get into Vietnam, visa is a compulsory document you need to prepare. The first thing comes out of your mind is to apply visa at Vietnam Embassy. However, after hours doing the research, I come up with the result that visa approval letter is a legal document issued by Vietnam Immigration Department and you can either get it at the embassy or get it on arrival. In case you choose the later, there are two simple steps to do, first is to get a pre-approval letter via visa online website and second is to get visa stamped at Vietnam airports. You used visa on arrival which applied through the legitimate visa website – http://vietnamvisaembassy.org, http://www.getvisavietnam.com, http://www.vietnamvisa.pro … they offer the fast and simple service to get Vietnam visa on arrival. You can choose which one is suitable with your travel plan and apply without hesitation since both of them are legal.
Vietnam is the predominantly sub-tropical country; you can go there to travel all year around; however I recommend the best time in year is from December to March. The temperature during winter from December to February in the north is usually dry with 10-150C. And in the south – the sub-tropical area all year round, its temperature is from 25-300C. You should prepare well to suit with the climate there. Or you can check with some reputation travel agents such as Eviva Tour Vietnam, Saigon Tourists, Exotisimo Travel to get more advice.
3. What to bring:
As far as I have experienced, you should bring the followings:
• Anti-sun cream SPF50
• Sun hat, umbrella or light raincoat if you travel in wet season, you can purchase all of them in Vietnam for a lighter luggage.
• A couple of spare passport photos
• Small torch
• A medical kit for antibiotic, antiseptic, panadol, bandage, immodium, gastrolyte
• Camera, mobile phone and their chargers
• For safety, you should bring some copies of your passport and visa. During travelling in Vietnam, you can carry a copy of the photo page from your passport with your personal details and visa for ID and leave the original document in a safe place to avoid any inconvenience.